Motorola Droid Razr – One Click Root and ClockWorkMod Recovery
This is the one click method to Root your Motorola Razr/Motorola Droid Razr. This will Root your Razr and will also install ClockWorkMod recovery along with that.
Root is fine but recovery is not perfect right now. This ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery is a port from that of Droid Bionic, so it’s not working as you would want. It can backup your /data folder but not /system folder, usb mount inside recovery isn’t working and flashing from .zip works for /data.
We will update it when a new version — hopefully, the perfect version — comes up. So, after you’ve installed this, don’t forget to check back. And it’s totally worth, still. You know this if you’ve used a custom recovery before — you can’t say no to it, simply.Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
One Click Root and ClockWorkMod Recovery Installation Guide
This is said to be not working at once, but you can try. Basically, this is an extended version of Root method discussed here, with recovery added to that bunch too, so that you don’t have to follow another guide to install clockworkmod recovery on Droid Razr. So, to install Root and ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery, just follow the guide below. If it works for you, you’ll have the root and recovery in one shot.
- Download the USB drivers from here and install them.
- Download the packaged zip file from here. Filename – Root-Recovery-RAZR.zip. Size – 4.75MB. (This root technique has been dubbed as ZERGRUSH, and it’s very famous and a really incredible tool. And credit for this goes to awesome developer, DoomLord, who made this. You can find the latest version of this root-only toolkit here.)
- Extract the above zip file to a folder using 7-zip or any other extractor software. You’ll get one file — runme.bat — and one folder named as ‘files’, with 8 files inside.
- On phone, press menu key, select settings > Applications > Development > Select the USB debugging checkbox. Select ‘Ok’ on the pop-up that shows up after selecting the checkbox. Press Home key and come back to home screen.
- Now connect phone with PC using the USB cable.
- Now go to the folder you got it step 3 above, and run the runme.bat file by double clicking on it. Next step is IMPORTANT!
- NOW, let the tool work and DON’T DISCONNECT PHONE after the phone starts rebooting because CWM recovery will installing only while rebooting. So, keep the phone connected to PC till the phone reboots and remove it only when the command prompt window says ‘All Done’
- You’ve have a
- After it’s done you’ll have the root access. Download and install Titanium backup android app from market. Enjoy!
- Now, open the Bionic Bootstrap Recovery App and tap on Bootstrap Recovery. After its process gets finished, you can boot into recovery using the recovery menu from the app itself.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
FYI, Navigating in CWM ClockWorkMod recovery: You need to use the soft keys — to scroll Up and Down in CWM recovery mode, use Menu and Home keys respectively and use Back key to go back (to last screen) while Search key to select an option/menu.
Share your thoughts with us in comments below.