HTC Sensation owners can flash Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on their phones with the official OTA (Over the Air) ICS update by HTC, thanks to XDA modder MrT69 who has created a bootloader version of the OTA ROM that you can install much more easily than previously available recovery versions of the ROM. Here’s a list of what’s inside the ROM by default:
- ROM 3.32.401.105 RELEASE
- Busybox 1.19.4
- Superuser 3.07
- Touch Recovery
Read on to find out how you can flash Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Sensation.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
Warning! The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich Update on HTC Sensation
- Download the ROM file from the original development page.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your SD card.
- Power off the phone.
- Now, keep the Volume Down + Power button pressed together till the phone boots into the bootloader, then let go of the buttons.
- Wait for a few seconds and your phone will automatically detect the “PG58IMG.zip” file that you transferred to your SD card in step 2
- Now when asked, select “Yes” to begin installing the “PG58IMG.zip” rom file
- Wait a while while the ROM is installed on your phone, and enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on your HTC Sensation.
The official Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROM is now installed and running on your HTC Sensation. Share your thoughts on your experience, in the comments below.