So, it’s the Nexus S who gets the first running-col and good for daily-use custom ROM made on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. You should say thanks to HAKA, who’s definitely a lot cooler today than he was yesterday, now that he has made this custom ROM, and do check and hit some sponsors at his blogspot site — should make him a very happy and prosperous Diwali, ha!
Anyway, the custom ROM, simply called the ICS Port, is one zip file, to be flashed from recovery, which will get you the goodness of the latest and greatest Android OS – Ice Cream Sandwich.
It’s still a work-in-progress, but you can download and use it daily pretty fairly. Here’s what’s not working right now:
- Panorama Mode
- Camera will FC for the 1st time
We know you’re getting desperate to try this out. So, here are the instruction to update your Nexus S to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Make sure you’ve ClockWorkMod recovery installed.
- Download the custom ROM from here (updated 27/10/11). However, we recommend you to try the latest available version of the ICS Port here.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM to sdcard to install it from recovery.
- Switch Off. boot to CWM recovery and flash the ICS Port Android 4.0 custom ROM using the Install from sdcard option.
- After flashing is done, reboot and enjoy the latest and greatest OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, right on your Nexus S.
Let us know your views on the custom ROMs in the comments below. For more updates, and to see what other users have to say on this, visit the development page here.