MIUI 4 for the Galaxy S i9000, based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 has been available for quite some time, and has received many different ports by many different developers. XDA modder lucainno has released another port of MIUI 4 for the Galaxy S, MIUI 4 SpeeD Multilanguage, and made it stand apart from the crowd by adding support for three extra languages, namely Turkish, Hungarian and Korean, making it the first MIUI ROM for the i9000 to do so.
Bear in mind though that MIUI is still under development and a work in progress, so expect bugs and issues to be present in the ROM. Even though it’s stable for everyday use, some bugs might show up here and there.
Read on to find out how out how you can flash MIUI 4 SpeeD ROM on your Galaxy S.
This guide is applicable only for Samsung’s Galaxy S international version (GT-i9000). Check your phone’s version in Settings – About Phone. It has to be “GT-i9000” for this procedure to be compatible with your phone. If it’s not GT-i9000, please do not try this.
Read everything carefully and thoroughly. The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → lucainno
What’s not working:
- Wi-Fi tethering
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged. At least 50% is recommended.
How to Install MIUI 4 Multilingual ROM on Galaxy S
- Flash the Asnet MIUI 4 ROM on your Galaxy S using the guide → here.
- Download the latest version of the MIUI 4 SpeeD Multilanguage ROM from the original development page.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your internal SD card.
- Turn off phone and boot into CWM recovery.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD cards).
- Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting “Yes – Install *your_rom_name*.zip” on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Wait a while for the ROM to boot up, then enjoy the MIUI 4 SpeeD Multilanguage ROM on your Galaxy S i9000. Visit the development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.