The HTC Rezound gets another brand new custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM!! It’s called Ineffabilis-Deus-alpha-ICS 4.0.3, and comes with Sense 3.6. The ROM has been released by XDA developer newtoroot, is fully functional and stable and is based on the leaked 3.10.605.13 ICS update for the Rezound.
Lets move on to see how we can get your HTC Rezound up and running this awesome looking ROM.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the HTC Rezound. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model and version by going to Settings–> About Phone.
- Rooted HTC Rezound with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
- ADB and HTC Drivers setup on your computer. You can use this excellent guide to download & setup ADB on your machine.
- Ineffabilis-Deus-alpha-ICS 4.0.3 File Name: Ineffabilis-Deus-beta-signed.zip | Size: 484 MB
- Smoothness Patch
- SU Patch
- Boot.img (to be flashed in fastboot)
How To Install Ineffabilis-Deus-alpha-ICS ROM on HTC Rezound
- Transfer the ROM, Smoothness Patch and SU patch zip files (Do not extract the zips) to the root of the external sdcard of your Rezound
- Transfer the boot.img file you downloaded earlier, to the same folder where you installed ADB
- Power off the phone, and reboot into Recovery mode
- In Recovery, navigate to Backup and Restore–>Select Backup on the next screen. (This will backup your existing ROM, which you can go back to in case something gets messed up with the installation)
- In the recovery menu, perform a full wipe as follows
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset –> then on the next screen Select Yes, Wipe Data
- Select Wipe cache partition–> then on the next screen Select Yes, Wipe Cache partition
- Select Advanced from the main menu–>then Select Wipe Dalvik cache –> Yes, wipe dalvik
- Now return to the main menu, and select Install zip from sd card
- On the next screen select Choose zip from sd card, and select the “Ineffabilis-Deus-beta-signed.zip” file you transferred to the sdcard in Step 1.
- On the next screen, Confirm the installation
- ClockworkMod recovery will now flash the ROM.
- Once the installation is complete, Repeat Steps 5-7 for the smoothness patch, and then again for the SU patch.
- Once both patches have been flashed, Select Go Back & then Reboot system
- Once the phone has rebooted and loaded the OS, go to Settings and make sure USB debugging is enabled (the box must be checked)
- Now connect your Rezound to the computer
- Open up a command prompt on your computer ( Start–>Run–>cmd)
- Change directory to the folder where adb is installed (also the folder where you copied the boot.img file) For e.g: C:android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools
- Type in this command without the quotes “adb reboot bootloader” (This will put your phone into bootloader mode)
- Now on the phone, press the power button once (This will put your phone into fastboot mode)
- Back on the PC, type in the following command without the quotes “fastboot flash boot boot.img” (This will flash the boot.img file to your phone)
- Once the flashing is done, (you should be able to see it in the command prompt on your PC), type in the following command without the quotes “fastboot reboot“
- Your phone will reboot normally now. Wait for it to reboot and for the OS to load completely
- That’s it!!! You are now running the Ineffabilis-Deus ICS ROM on your HTC Rezound.