New Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for HTC Sensation — Extreme Sensation!
Here we go again!!! Another brand new, Ice Cream Sandwich based ROM for the HTC Sensation, it is. And this one includes the slick and extremely intuitive Sense UI, in its latest iteration, Sense 3.6. It’s called Extreme Sensation, and is based on the latest leaked RUU 3.24.401.1. Everything works, and the ROM is stable for daily usage.
Before we move on to see how we can install this ROM, let’s have a quick glance at the features, quoted from the developer’s thread:
- Fully re-edited from the HTC Leaked RUU 3.24.401.1
- Even though this rom is based on a leak, I can proudly say this is very stable for everyday use, everything works perfectly, only some apps which are known for Ice Cream Sandwich incompatibility.
- Full Sense Intergration! plus more additoional EXTRAS!!! like those android goodies that you wont usually find in other sense roms. This include overscroll glow effect, semi-transparent 5 row app drawer (thanks to richmondo ), battery % mod built in thx to malybru! some more epic add ons in the ADD ONS section.
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich Framework integration with Sense 3.6 UI
- Great Support
- So fast! and smooth!
- Amazing battery life
- Amazing optimized HTC SENSE look for those who loves the beautiful SENSE UI look
- NO FLICKERING ISSUE on the browser WITH this rom!
- Drop Box Built in !!!! !!!!!!
- Supports HEAPS of languages
That’s a pretty awesome looking list there. Let’s move on to see how we can get this sensational ROM on your device.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device as it might damage your device irrepairably. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
- Rooted/S-off Sensation with Clockworkmod Recovery installed
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
How To Install Extreme Sensation ROM on HTC Sensation
- You must have firmware 3.32 installed on your phone. And you need clockworkmod recovery too. So, first make sure you have CWM Recovery and have installed HTC 3.32 firmware on your Sensation (or Sensation XE or Sensation 4G). You can get firmware from here (first post for Sensation and second post for Sensation XE, any one of them for Sensation 4G). The
- Download the rom of your choice from the original development page here.
- Transfer the rom files to external microSD card on the HTC Sensation and remember the their location.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Wipe data / factory reset –> Confirm Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen
- Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm Wipe cache partition on the next screen
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it. Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — _________‘. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- That’s it!! Enjoy Extreme Sensation on your phone.
- Congratulations!! You now have Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Sensation!! Enjoy
You can visit the original development thread to track updates, submit bugs, and to download add-ons and tweaks for this ROM. If you would like to share your experience on this ROM, or if you need any help while flashing this, do let us know about in comments below.