XDA developer dman3285 has just released an MIUI ROM for the Infuse 4G in his thread at XDA. This MIUI version is Gingerbread or Android 2.3.x based, but also includes elements from the Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich framework. And as always, we have a handy guide to help you flash this MIUI ROM on to your Infuse 4G.
Read on to find out how to flash MIUI INFUSE EDITION 2.2.17 on your phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with Infuse 4G, model number I997. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. If it’s not I997, please do not attempt this.
- Infuse 4G with Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed.
- This procedure will wipe your apps and data. Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install MIUI Infuse Edition on Infuse 4G
- Download the ROM file from the official development page
[ Filename: MIUI_Infuse_2.2.17.zip | Size: 101 MB ]
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the internal SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your phone and wait for complete shutdown (wait for capacitive button lights to go off).
- Then, boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Select “Wipe data / factory reset” –> then Select Yes - Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen. (This will NOT wipe your SD cards, only your installed apps and app related data.)
- Next Select Advanced on the main CWM menu. On the next screen Select Wipe Dalvik cache, and confirm wipe by selecting Yes on the next screen
- Now Go back to the main menu and scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install MIUI_Infuse_2.2.17.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot into the ROM.
- In case your phone does not boot up, just pull the battery, wait for 10 seconds, then reinsert the battery. Now power up the phone by holding the following buttons together – Vol Up + Vol Down + Power. As soon as you see the Samsung text on the screen, release the Power button. Wait till you see the Blue CWM menu. Repeat Steps 7-10 and you should boot up into MIUI.
Y0u can visit the official development page linked in Step 1, to check for updates and bug fixes. Try out this new ROM, and tell us about your experience in comments below.