XXJVQ — New Android 2.3.4 firmware for Galaxy S i9000!! [Installation Guide]
UPDATE: Okay I think it’s worth upgrading to XXJVQ for everyone who uses the Internet browser app, as this update brings the new ‘Internet’ app from the Galaxy S II — which is smooth, fast & has some nice window animations. And btw I forgot to mention before that this Android 2.3.4 update still doesn’t include the new Google talk with A/V.
It’s here, again — the all new Android 2.3.4 firmware (XXJVQ) for Galaxy S i9000. Cheers? Noo. This leak is nothing but JVP with a new name. But still, for the nerd inside me — I’ll upgrade.
For flashing XXJVQ on your Galaxy S i9000, follow the Step-by-Step guide below:
[info]This guide is applicable only for Samsung’s Galaxy S international version (i9000). If yours is Vibrant/Captivate/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant, then this ROM — and Guide — is not for you, and that’s for definite.[/info]
[warning]The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable. You only will be responsible — you’ve been warned. Okay![/warning]
If needed, check out the video at the bottom of this post which shows flashing of an Android 2.3.3 Firmware — XXJVB — on Galaxy S. It would serve as a good guide to flash the Android 2.3.4 Firmware, XXJVQ, too, since the process is totally same. The video is just for reference. You have to follow the steps given below only.
- Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Disable Lagfix, if you’re using one. Use this Guide to disable/enable lagfix, if you need help!
- Drivers! — it’s important you’ve the proper drivers installed. Download links below:
How to Install Android 2.3.4 Firmware XXJVQ on Galaxy S i9000 (international version):
- Download the Android 2.3.4 Firmware – XXJVQ. Filename: ‘GT_I9000_XXJVQ_XXJVQ_OXAJVQ_Sbl.exe’. Size: 147.1 MB. Download Link.
- Extract the downloaded file ‘GT_I9000_XXJVQ_XXJVQ_OXAJVQ_Sbl.exe’ to get these 3 files:
- Download Odin3 v1.7.zip from here — Mediafire Link. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v1.7.exe.
- Disconnect your phone if it’s connected to PC. Switch Off your phone. Wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put it in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: Volume_DOWN+Home+Power.
- Open Odin (from step 3). Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box.
- Important! Do NOT tick the ‘Re-Partition’ checkbox, but keep the ‘Auto Reboot’ & ‘F. Reset Time’ checkboxes ticked.
- In Odin, place these files (check out the screenshot given at the top for help):
- In the PDA box, select this file (from step 2.2) — ‘PDA_XXJVQ.tar.md5’
- In the Phone box, select this file (from step 2.3) — ‘PHONE_XXJVQ.tar.md5’
- In the CSC box, select this file (from step 2.1) — ‘CSC_OXAJVQ.tar.md5’
- Double check everything said in step 7 and 8 above. Your Odin’s window should look real similar to the image at the very top — which is my Odin’s screen while I flashed the XXJVQ on my Galaxy S.
- Now, hit the START button to let the process begin. When process at Odin finishes your phone will automatically reboot. You can unplug the cable now.
Installation Video of Android 2.3.3 Firmware XXJVB on Galaxy S (only for reference):
Share your experience with us in the comments below.