Looking to manually update your Sprint Galaxy note 4 to OF5 update? Well, we have the firmware on download for you, right here. That too with a much coveted direct link because you know, we also know our usual channel of firmware hosts don’t provide really great speeds.
Anyway, you can use the Odin PC software to update the Note 4 to OF5 firmware, the latest from Sprint and Samsung for your device. If this is your first time, check out our detailed guide on updating a Samsung phone with the firmware’s .tar file.
There could be lot of reasons as to why you would want to download the N910PVPU3BOF5 firmware. First of all, this procedure below to update your Samsung phone helps you not only with upgrade, but also fix a soft-bricked phone that is not booting up, getting stuck as Samsung logo or boot animation, and such.
Plus, if you have rooted your device, the root access blocks OTA from installing, same as custom recovery does. You need to unroot your device and make sure that you have Samsung’s stock recovery (pre-installed, or from update) on your device, otherwise, OTA fails.
Whatever the reason is, it’a always good to have a TAR stored on PC for quicker unbricking of the device. And easier update too, without worrying about preparation needed for OTA update.
How to update Sprint Galaxy Note 4 to N910PVPU3BOF5 Lollipop update using Odin
- N910PVPU3BOF5 firmware — Direct Link | Sammobile | File: N910PVPU3BOF5_N910PSPT3BOF5_SPR.zip (1.80 GB)
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- SPRINT GALAXY NOTE 4, model no. SM-N910P
- Don’t try this on any other Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device than the model no. SM-N910P!
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclamer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
- Download the Odin software and firmware file from above.
- Install Galaxy Note 4 drivers (method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
- Extract the firmware file now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format now. We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on your Sprint Note 4 (in step 10 below).
- Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
- Disconnect your Sprint Note 4 from PC if it is connected.
- Boot Sprint Galaxy Note 4 into download mode:
- Power off your Note 4. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double click on extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window, as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent problems.
- Connect your Sprint Note 4 to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too, btw.
- Load the firmware file into Odin. Click the AP button on Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file from Step 3 above.
- Make sure Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
- Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Sprint Note 4. Wait till installation is finished, after which your Note 4 will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as show below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do steps 5 to 11 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your S5, remove battery, insert it back after 5-6 seconds and then start from step 5 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
- First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy the Sprint Note 4 OF5 update (N910PVPU3BOF5 firmware)!
If you need any help with OF5 update, let us know via comments below and we will try our best to help you out.