Here we go again! Another brand new, Ice Cream Sandwich based ROM for the HTC myTouch 4G, it is. And this one is an AOSP based ROM, which means it is “Sense-less” and looks and feels like how pure Ice Cream Sandwich should, as intended by Google. And it is rooted. :)
The ROM is called Virtuous Quattro, and it has been released by XDA developer febycv and team, the same guys who gave us Virtuous Quattro for the HTC Sensation and Virtuous Quattro for the HTC myTouch 4G Slide. It is currently a beta build, which means that one can expect some bugs, which are being worked upon. That being said, since when did that stop us from trying out new custom ROMs on our devices, right? ;)
Before we move on to how we can install this ROM, let’s have a quick look at the features and known issues, quoted from the developer’s thread:
- Compilied from AOSP
- Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
- Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 only)
- Trebuchet Launcher (modified ICS launcher) credits to nebkat
- Adavnced Power Menu, reboot recovery/bootloader etc. Credits to CM Team
- Most recent GAPPS included.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the HTC myTouch 4G/ HTC Glacier. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
→ Virtuous Quattro Beta
Filename: virtuous_quattro_beta_glacier.zip | Size: 162.31 MB
- Rooted/S-off HTC myTouch 4G with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
How to Install Virtuous Quattro ROM on myTouch 4G
- Download the Virtuous Quattro Rom file from the link given above
- Transfer the downloaded zip fie to the root of your external microSD card on the phone
- Switch off your phone, and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery
- Perform a Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Wipe data / factory reset –> Confirm Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen
- Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm Wipe cache partition on the next screen
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install “virtuous_quattro_beta_glacier.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “Go back” and then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- Congratulations!! You now have Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC myTouch 4G!! Enjoy!
You can visit the original development thread (linked above) to check for updates and bug fixes. If you decide to go ahead and flash this ROM, do let us know your experience in comments below