Droid Bionic has already been announced as the next member of the Droid family at Verizon to hit this year but those of you who only wanted the successor to the lovely and beastly Droid X, here you is what you’re desperate to hear.
Rumors are surfacing the Internet hinting about the possible existence of Droid X2 – we even got pics now and some specs to share with you. So, here is what we came to know about the Droid X2’s specifications:
- Screen Size is 4.3 inches, which is same as that of Droid X
- Display resolution is one step ahead – it’s 960 x 540 now, called the qHD display by Moto, same as that found in other high-end Motorola devices, the Atrix 4G and the Droid Bionic. In the Droid X, it was 854 x 480, btw.
- Screen Display type is same, TFT capacitive touch screen, 16M colors
- Major improvements is in the processor – it’s the same that you find in Droid Bionic and Atrix 4G, and would obviously won’t want any lesser – 1 Ghz Tegra 2 dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 megapixel camera (should record 1080p videos well)
- Android 2.2 (okay, that’s a bit of disappointment to not see Android 2.3 pre-installed on the follow-up to our buddy, Droid X. But there is full hope that it will be upgraded to Gingerbread in right time)
The specs above are as rumored and once we get more info, we’ll update you soon – so keep watching this space.
So, it’s very much a refreshed Droid X at Verizon with dual-core goodness but here is a point, it won’t support LTE, which is why we have two devices Droid X2 and Droid Bionic. Expect the Droid X2 to be a cheaper option to Droid Bionic, but without LTE awesomeness.
Another guiding factor to Droid X2 will be its superb design and elegant looks – where both Motorola Atrix and Droid bionic considerably fail. So, yes, we’re interested! How about you?