Motorola ATRIX 4G Announced by AT&T as Most Powerful Phone
AT&T is serious about its android venture and in fact, the carrier plans to release as many as 12 phones based on Google’s OS for mobile in year 2011. With Verizon getting the iPhone soon (maybe, in January only), it makes sense. But you wouldn’t expect AT&T to begin with a blast, in Motorola Atrix 4G android phone, touted by AT&T as “the world’s most powerful smartphone ever” — which is agreeable.
Motorola Atrix 4G Specs:
- nVidia’s dual-core Tegra 2 processor — this is what substantiates the claim of “most powerful smartphone” for Moto Atrix 4G. Expect the processor to be 1GHz powerhouse.
- 1 GB RAM
- 4.0 inch QHD display with 24 bit color graphics
- 1930 mAh battery, which is significantly greater than the 1500 mAh battery that comes with most of the smartphones today
- Fingerprint recognition reader
- Two browsers: Android’s default and Firefox 3.6
- Android 2.2 with Motoblur (of course, it’s upgradable to android 2.3, and given Moto’s update record, timely update can be rightly expected)
- 16 GB internal memory with CD Card slot which supports up to 32 GB. That puts the maximum capacity to up to 48 GB
- Measurement: 2.5 × 4.6 × 0.4 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
By any measure Motorola Atrix is one solid phone that can be expected to rock the android space for quite a long time. It’s one phone from Motorola that is impressive even more than the company’s best seller Droid-tagged phones.
In case you’re thinking about rumored Motorola Olympus, the Atrix is actually the Olympus. There were rumors about the Motorola launching the Olympus on multiple carriers and it seems for now, Atrix is what AT&T got itself from Motorola. We might see the Olympus on other carriers too!