MIUI is the most famous custom ROM for Android after CyanogenMod, and MIUI 4 (based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0) is available for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. MIUI brings a unique interface, with features such as themes support, a launcher without an app menu that puts all apps on the homescreen itself, customizable status bar, inbuilt backup and restore, and more.
The guide below will walk you through the steps required for flashing MIUI ROM on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Read on, and see you at the other end.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install MIUI ROM on Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- Important! Make sure the bootloader on your phone is unlocked and ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus. You can use the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit to unlock bootloader and install recovery.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page. Download the “toro” version of MIUI (as highlighted in screenshot below).
You might need to copy the link and paste it in your browser’s address bar if you are using an ad blocker.
- Copy the zip file downloaded in step 2 to the SD card on the phone (without extracting the zip file).
- Boot into CWM recovery. To do this, turn off the phone. Then, press and hold the following keys together: Power + Volume Up + Volume Down to enter Fastboot mode where you will see Start written in big green letters. Then, using the volume buttons, navigate to the Recovery mode option, then select it using the Power button to reboot into recovery mode.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Then, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select Go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into MIUI. The first boot will take some time, up to 5 minutes, so be patient.
MIUI ROM is now installed on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Visit the official development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.