MIUI v4 for Galaxy Nexus — ViciousMIUI [Custom Rom]
Here we go again, with another awesome looking Custom ROM from the MIUI stable. And this time, it’s for the reigning favorite of Android phones, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus! This fresh build of MIUI v4 based on Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0.3, comes to us from DroidVicious, a recognized developer in Android world.
This version is a port based on a fresh build right out of China, the home of MIUI, and has been tweaked and performance-enhanced by DroidVicious. The ROM is fully functional, except for a minor issue with applying themes — which to be honest, is not something that I would let come in the way of trying out this awesome new ROM. And in any case, the dev has also provided a workaround to be able to do it — so no sweat.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
- Rooted Galaxy Nexus with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. You can use this Guide to root your phone the easy way.
- Fully Charged Battery
- All data backed up. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference
How To Install The ViciousMIUI V4 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Nexus
- Download the ViciousMIUI rom for your version of Galaxy Nexus (and be careful to download the right file):
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable and transfer the ROM’s zip file from step 1 to your phone.
- Disconnect the phone and power it off.
- Reboot to Recovery (Press and hold both volume keys + Power button together till fastboot mode comes up, then scroll through options using volume up/down keys, and select Recovery using the Power key)
- Once you are in recovery, scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select it using the Power button. Select Yes on next screen.
- Now select Wipe Cache partition. On the next screen, Select Yes.
- Now scroll down to advanced and select it. On the next screen, select Wipe Dalvik Cache, and then select Yes on next screen.
- Now go back to the mainmenu and go to Install zip from SDcard » Choose zip from Sdcard » then browse through the sdcard and select file you downloaded in step 1 above and transferred in step 2 above, and confirm it by selecting Yes on next screen. CWM will start flashing your ROM now. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, select reboot system now and let the phone reboot, wait patiently while it does, for at least 15 mins.
- Once the phone has booted up, wait again for good 5-6 mins and let the kernel settle down.
- Then, sign into your Google account, and go through the initial phone setup routine.
- Once the setup is complete, reboot the phone once (this is to ensure that all apps are setup properly, after the flashing has been done)
- That’s it. You’re done. Enjoy ViviousMIUI v4 on your Galaxy Nexus!!
Let us know your thought sand feedback in the comments section below. And if you got stuck somewhere, feel free to share it with us, we’ll help you out.