After getting an Ice Cream Sandwich firmware leak last week, the Galaxy Note continues its foray into Ice Cream Sandwich land this week, with MIUI 4 landing on it. This is an unofficial port, based on Cyanogenmod 9 & AdyScorpiuis MIUI ICS (SGS2) source. Since it is based on CM9, all the bugs that currently exist in CM9 have trickled on to this build. The ROM is brought us by XDA developer AdyScorpius who also gave us the excellent AdyScorpius MIUI-GB1 & MIUI 4 for the Galaxy S2. MIUI 4 is currently in the Alpha-1 stage, and is not ready yet to be a daily driver, but first impressions are good, and it definitely gives users a lot to look forward to. Read on to learn how you can get MIUI 4 running on your Note.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
- Developer: eybee1970
What is not working (only tested for an hour…flashed back to GB afterwards):
– all things not working on CM9 right now – look inside thread (USB connectivity, Camera, FM Radio, etc.)
– got problems with mobile data….should be not too difficult to solve
– graphics is not adapted to Note resolution…this is work to be done mostly for themes inside framework-res.apk and inside System-apps
- Rooted Galaxy Note with CWM installed
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install MIUI 4 on Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Download the latest version of the MIUI 4 Rom to your desktop, from the original development thread.
FileName: MIUI_ICS_alpha1_eybee1970.zip | Size: 131.72 MB
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of SD card on the phone
- Switch off your phone, and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, in CWM, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Go to Mounts and Storage, and Select Format System. On the next screen Yes-Format
- Next select Format Data. On the next screen select Yes-Format Data
- Now select Format Cache. On the next screen select Yes-Format cache
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install “MIUI_ICS_alpha1_eybee1970.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “Go back” and then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- First boot might take a while. Be patient. Let the ROM take its time to load up.
- Congratulations!! You are now running MIUI 4 on the Galaxy Note!! Enjoy!
Go ahead and give it a spin, and see what you can look forward to on your note, once this ROM is perfected and a stable build is released. And let us know your thoughts in comments below.