MIUI lovers have had their wish granted, with MIUI being officially released for the Galaxy Nexus by MIUI.us. Even though the default Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4 UI is visually great, MIUI makes it even better by combining its beautiful UI with ICS, and providing features such as in-built themes support, so you can make it look the way you want it. Some people might say why the Nexus with its great stock Android experience needs a ROM like MIUI, but we say why not?
Read on to find out how to flash MIUI 4 on your Galaxy Nexus, it’s available for Verizon’s CDMA Galaxy Nexus i515, as well as, Global GSM Galaxy Nexus, i9250.
This guide is applicable only for the Galaxy Nexus. Check your phone’s version in Settings – About Phone. It has to be SCH-i515, or GT-i9250, for this procedure to be compatible with your phone. If it’s not SCH-i515, or i9250, please do not try this.
Read everything carefully and thoroughly. The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
- Battery needs to be removed and reinserted after applying themes.
- English translation not fully complete.
- A Verizon or Global Galaxy Nexus with Clockworkmod recovery installed
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD card, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged. At least 50% is recommended.
How to Install MIUI on Galaxy Nexus
- Download MIUI 4 rom from the page linked below. Be careful with this — download the version meant for your version of Galaxy Nexus:
- Now, transfer the file you just downloaded to your phone.
- Turn off your phone. Boot up into Clockworkmod recovery. To do this, press the following keys together: Power + Volume Up and Down. You will enter Fastboot mode. Here, press Volume Up twice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD card).
- Select “wipe cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm.
- Then, select “advanced”, then select “wipe dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm. After wiping dalvik cache, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now scroll to the option “Install zip from sdcard” and select it. Then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in step 2 and select it, then select the file you transferred in step 2 above. MIUI 4 will start flashing on your Galaxy Nexus now.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone. Thank developers leeech and magiman7 for the ROM and enjoy MIUI on your phone.
That’s it, the ROM is now installed and ready to be used. Share your problems and thoughts in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.
Btw, as for the record, there is one version available of Galaxy Nexus, ViciousMIUI, which we covered before. Although, we think the above version is pretty good and you won’t anything more than that to satusfy your pure MIUi hunger, do check (and try) out the ViciousMIUI rom if you just have to try and flash every available rom on your phone, like us indeed.