MIUI 4 for Samsung Fascinate — Install Instructions
MIUI 4 makes its way to the Samsung Fascinate, thanks to XDA member weblexa. It’s a pre-Alpha build at this point, and there are quite a few things which are not functional right now. It’s not ready yet for daily use, but will give you a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich on your Fascinate.
Lets have quick look at the known issues, before moving on to how you can install this ROM on your Fascinate.
What doesn’t work:
Receiving phone calls
Receiving SMS Text Messages
Some options in the settings menu force closes
Possibly other things
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Fascinate. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model and version by going to Settings–> About Phone.
ICS BUILD 2 Filename: teamhacksung-ota-eng.BUILD.zip | Size: 99.3 MB
MIUI 4 Filename: MIUI_fascinatemtd_v4.0-ICS_2.2.3_PRE-ALPHA.zip | Size: 137.86 MB
- Rooted Samsung Fascinate with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
How To Install MIUI 4 on Samsung Fascinate
- Download the ICS Build 2 and MIUI4 ROM zip files to your PC
- Transfer both the zip files (Do not extract the zips) to the root of the external sdcard of your Fascinate
- Power off the phone, and reboot into Recovery mode
- In Recovery, navigate to Backup and Restore–>Select Backup on the next screen. (This will backup your existing ROM, which you can go back to in case something gets messed up with the installation)
- In the recovery menu, perform a full wipe as follows
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset –> then on the next screen Select Yes, Wipe Data
- Select Wipe cache partition–> then on the next screen Select Yes, Wipe Cache partition
- Select Advanced from the main menu–>then Select Wipe Dalvik cache –> Yes, wipe dalvik
- Now return to the main menu, and select Install zip from sd card
- On the next screen select Choose zip from sd card, and select the “teamhacksung-ota-eng.BUILD.zip” file you transferred to the sdcard in Step 2.
- On the next screen, Confirm the installation
- ClockworkMod recovery will now flash the ROM.
- Once the installation is complete, Repeat Steps 5-7 (but this time, select the “MIUI_fascinatemtd_v4.0-ICS_2.2.3_PRE-ALPHA.zip ” file you transferred to the sdcard in Step 2.
- Once the MIUI4 flash is complete, Select Go Back & then Reboot system
- The reboot may take anywhere between 3-10 minutes. Be patient.
- Once the phone has rebooted, and loaded the OS, You should now be running MIUI4 ROM on your Samsung Fascinate.
If you want to go back to MIUI 2.3.7, you can find detailed steps at the original development thread (link provided above). Go ahead and try it out, and let us know how Ice Cream Sandwich tastes on your Fascinate.