MIUI 4 for HTC Sensation — Install Instructions
It’s here folks! MIUI v4 based on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4 is finally out for the HTC Sensation, thanks to the devs from the MIUI.us community. MIUI and Ice Cream Sandwich make a lovely combination on Android, combining the beautiful user interfaces of both for a great experience, and you can now enjoy it on your Sensation. This is a pre-beta release that is worth trying out, even though it might not be ready for everyday use. Read on to find how to flash it on your HTC Sensation.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
- Developers → scott951, Twin Dragons and pimpmaneaton
- Original Development Page → here.
- Rooted HTC Sensation with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Firmware version 3.12 or higher.
- Battery charged to minimum of 50%.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install MIUI v4 on HTC Sensation
- Download the MIUI v4 ROM file to your PC from → here [Filename: MIUI.us_v4_pyramid_2.2.2-team-1.zip | Size: 152.88 MB]
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of your external microSD card on the HTC Sensation.
- Turn off the phone. Start Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Wipe data / factory reset –> confirm Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen
- Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm Wipe cache partition on the next screen
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache–>confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file MIUI.us_v4_pyramid_2.2.2-team-1.zip on the sdcard (from step 2) and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install “MIUI.us_v4_pyramid_2.2.2-team-1.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- The first boot will take time, so wait a while for the phone to boot up, then enjoy MIUI v4 on your HTC Sensation.
That’s it. The ROM is now installed on your phone. Visit the original development page to find out more about the ROM. Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.