Desire HD owners who have been anxiously waiting to try out MIUI v4 on their devices, can start celebrating!!! XDA member proxuser has just ported the MIUI 4 Beta ROM for the HTC Desire HD. MIUI 4 is based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. It combines the performance enhancements that the ICS framework brings, with the elegance and extended functionality of MIUI. Have a look at the screenshots above, isn’t it an awesome looking ROM?
The developer states that ROM seems to be working great, and is suitable for daily use. However, like most Beta ICS based ROMs out there, there are a few minor bugs, which are being worked on by the developer, and we should see them ironed out soon enough. Lets have a quick look at what works or does not work in this ROM, quoted from the developer’s thread:
– Radio (Phone Calls & SMS ..)
– Data 3G/2G
– 3D/HW Accelator [real hw]
– Keys, Keylight
– Camera [little buggy but it works!]
– USB Mount
– All Sensors
– Market & Google Apps
What doesn’t work ?
– USB Tethering
– you tell me..
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the HTC Desire HD. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
- Rooted/S-Off HTC Desire HD
- 4EXT Recovery installed. 4EXT is a touch-based custom recovery which has many advanced features. You can download it from the Android Market. ( Please note that the fully featured version is a paid application. You can also try the free version which includes a free 3-day preview of the full featured version.)
- Fully charged Desire HD
- Download the MIUI 4 ROm zip file, and transfer it to the root of external sdcard (MicroSD) on your HTC Desire HD
- Launch 4EXT Recovery
- Perform a full wipe. (1. Wipe Data/Factory reset, 2. Wipe cache)
- Select Install zip from SDcard
- Select Choose zip from sdcard, & select the MIUI4 zip file you transferred to the sdcard in Step 1. Confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to main menu & select Reboot System
- That’s it!!! Once your device reboots, you should running the spectacular looking MIUI v4 ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich on your Desire HD.
Go ahead and give this ROM a shot, and I’m sure you wont be disappointed. You can visit the original development thread to check for updates to this ROM. If you like it, do let us know in comments below.