Manually Install Rooted OTA Update 6.11.748.xt912 on Verizon Droid Razr
If you are located in the United States, and using the Verizon Droid Razr, you must be aware of the OTA update version 6.11.748 that a lot of you must have updated your devices to. If you are not rooted yet, or have just got your device and updated it to the above version, XDA-developer spimonkey34 has just made life a lot easier for you by releasing a custom version of the stock update, which is rooted and has the superuser package included. It will work, irrespective of whether you are yet to update your device, or have already performed the OTA update.
Keep in mind, however, that flashing this would only alter your system partition and apply root to it. It will not update your radio or webtop or install anything new after you have applied it.
This flash is meant only and only for the Verizon Droid Razr. This is not intended for and won’t work on Non-Verizon Non-US Razrs. Attempting to try this on a device other than the Verizon Droid Razr may result in an unusable device, and you don’t want to start the new year with a razor-thin brick :)
The methods and procedures mentioned to perform this process are considered risky; hence we advise you to only go ahead with it if you are confident of and know exactly what you are doing. We (or the developer) are not liable for any damage caused to you or your device, during the course of attempting this process. You have been warned!!!
Now that the formalities are done and dusted, lets get down to the meat of the matter..
- Stock – not debloated – does include bloatware and is NOT de-odexed
- Rooted with Superuser installed
- Works pre or post OTA upgrade – will work with original radio
- Does not wipe data – though I always recommend it
- Only flash if you are using Safestrap – info and download/installation steps for safestrap can be found HERE
- Download ROM and copy to your SD card
- Reboot into Safestrap Recovery
- Make sure safe system is enabled
- Factory Reset – Format data and cache (This is highly recommended)
- Install from SD Card
You can follow the development thread here.
So go ahead and flash away, and let us know how it went, in comments below.