Come on Samsung, release the official Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4.0 update for the Epic 4G Touch already! The pace at which ICS firmware for the phone have been leaked till now is staggering to say the least. Well, here’s another one. FD05 is the latest ICS firmware to be leaked for the Epic 4G Touch. You can flash it on your phone thanks to XDA modder sfhub who has released a pre-rooted package of the firmware, like he did with previous ICS leaks for the phone.
Read on to find out how you can update your Epic 4G Touch to the FD05 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with Epic 4G Touch, model number SPH-D710. Check your device’s model number in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- Drivers! — it’s important you’ve the proper drivers installed. Download Link
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- If you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, un-install it first because it may interrupt the flashing process.
How to Install FD05 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware on Epic 4G Touch
- Download FD05 firmware from any of the download links below.
Download Link 1 OR Download Link 2
Filename: SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe | Size: 289 MB
- Double-click on the file you downloaded in step 1, then click on ‘Extract’ button to extract the file. This will give you a folder named Odin-OC.
- Open the folder Odin-OC, then double-click the file SPH-D710.FD05_CL355991_ROOTED-OneClick.exe to run Odin3Execution v1.81.
- Disconnect your phone from PC (if connected). Power off your phone (wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off).
- Now, put the phone in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power. You’ll get a Warning! screen.. press Volume up to continue to enter download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC. You should get the message Added!! under Odin’s message box at the bottom. If you don’t get this message, then make sure the drivers for the phone are properly installed. Check step 1 in ‘Pre-Installation Requirements’ above.
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing the firmware. When the flashing procedure is finished, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message.
IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, do the following — disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 6.
- When the phone has restarted, your phone will be running the FD05 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware.
- If you run into any roadblocks while trying to flash the firmware, let us know and we’ll try to help you out.
That’s it. You now have the FD05 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware running on your Epic 4G Touch. Share your thoughts on the firmware in the comments below.