CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY INFO
|Compatibility||Fully functional with Android 4.4.x and below|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be S720e!
This procedure here will work only for S720e model no. of HTC One X. This is not for AT&T HTC One X. And do not use the procedures discussed here on any device of HTC or any other company. You have been warned!
BEFORE YOU BEGIN..
You must do this pre-installation stuff before attempting to install CWM recovery on your HTC One X in order to avoid any complications later, and have a smooth and successful process.
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER OF HTC ONE X FIRST!
In order to install CWM recovery on One X, you need to unlock its bootloader first. If you have already done that, then skip this, otherwise follow the link below to see our guide on that. Tip: As unlocking the bootloader will delete everything on your phone — apps, files, etc. — be sure to create Backup of all things necessary before starting with bootloader unlock guide.
BACK UP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
INSTALL HTC SYNC MANAGER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to install recovery on your HTC One X. For that, you need to install HTC Sync Manager. In case you are not sure follow the instructions below.
CHARGE YOUR DEVICE
If your android device powers off due to lack of battery while the process is underway, it could damage the device.
So, make sure your device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
GUIDE: HTC ONE X CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY
CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY FILE
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” checkbox (under Debugging section).
- Disable Fastboot option under Settings » Battery » make sure Fastboot checkbox is not selected.
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file htc-one-x-cwm.zip (using 7-zip, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the 1-click-cwm-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install CWM recovery on your One X.
- Once the CWM recovery is flashed successfully on your HTC One X, your device will reboot automatically into your newly flashed CWM Recovery.
└ Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your One X. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above in ‘Before you begin..‘ section for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
That’s all! You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC One X.
It was easy to install CWM recovery your One X, right? Let us know and how you plan to use it further. Maybe looking for Android KitKat, eh?
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed.
Via XDA (Thömy)