While the development for LG’s flagship phone is at its highest, enthusiasts never miss the latest nighlty/weekly for their favorite ROMs but they do tend to forget to update their recoveries. Or maybe you just ignore it. We don’t blame you, flashing recovery on LG G2 is indeed tedious.
But nevertheless recoveries must be updated not only because they bring new cool features but also due to upcoming compatibility issues with new Android update, v4.4, the KitKat.
Keeping all that in mind, we have just the right tool for you. A one-click tool which will rid you off all those tedious tasks to install cwm recovery on your International LG G2.
So, you shouldn’t get the pesky ‘set metadata recursive’ error with this version of recovery while flashing Android 4.4 based ROMs.
Note: For the following procedure to work your LG G2 must have an unlocked bootloader and it must be Rooted (meaning it must have superuser access)
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be D802! This procedure is not for other variants of LG G2 like: D800, LS980, D801, and on carriers like Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T etc.
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other device of LG or any other company. You have been warned!
BEFORE YOU BEGIN..
You must do this pre-installation stuff before attempting to install CWM recovery on your International LG G2 in order to avoid any complications later, and have a smooth and successful process.
BACK UP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
INSTALL LG G2 DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully install a firmware on your International LG G2. In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your LG G2 on your computer.
CHARGE YOUR DEVICE
If your android device powers off due to lack of battery while the process is underway, it could damage the device.
So, make sure your device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
GUIDE: LG G2 D802 CWM RECOVERY
Download the either of the Installer file, for Touch edition and Non-touch edition of CWM recovery for your LG G2.
LG G2 CWM Recovery Installer – Touch edition: DOWNLOAD LINK
File name: lg-g2-d802-touch-cwm-recovery-installer.zip (8.8 MB)
LG G2 CWM Recovery Installer – Non-touch edition: DOWNLOAD LINK
File name: lg-g2-d802-cwm-recovery-installer.zip (8.8 MB)
- Your LG G2 must have an unlocked bootloader and it must be rooted to be able to install CWM recovery. Since unlocking bootloader and rooting would completely wipe (delete everything) on your LG G2, be sure to backup your phone adequately before attempting to unlock bootloader and install custom recovery.
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » General » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » General » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” checkbox (under Debugging section).
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on Phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file (using 7-zip, preferably). For touch edition, it’s lg-g2-d802-touch-cwm-recovery-installer.zip. And for Non-touch edition it’s lg-g2-d802-cwm-recovery-installer.zip. You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the 1-click-cwm-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install CWM recovery on your LG G2.
- Once the CWM recovery is flashed successfully on your LG G2, your device will reboot automatically in Recovery Mode.
└ Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your LG G2. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above in ‘Before you begin..‘ section for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
- From the recovery boot back to your system by selecting Reboot System Now.
If you need any help with the guide above, let us know in comments below.
We’d be happy to help!