The immensely popular Mid-End android phone — HTC Wildfire S — added another custom Rom to its arsenal — this time, featuring Sense 3.5. Envied by many rival OEM’s, Sense is arguably a very functional UI. And coupled with an OverClock Kernel and ClockworkMod Recovery v.188.8.131.52, this Rom brings you the best of both worlds. Developed by XDA member matt5eo, this rom is called JxMatteo_ROM. Read on as we guide you through the procedure to install this ROM on your phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Wildfire S. It’s not compatible with any other device. So, be sure to try this only on HTC Wildfire S and not any other device.
- Device: Wildfire S
- Android: 2.3.5
- UI: HTC Sense 3.5
- Kernel: Stock (OC available)
- HTC Sense 3.5
- FM Radio
- HTC Hub
- Rooted HTC Wildfire S with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Battery charged to minimum of 50%.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install JxMatteo_ROM with Sense on HTC Wildfire S:
- Download the rom file and overcloak kernel from the original development page.
- Transfer both the downloaded zip files (of rom and Kernel) to your external microSD card on the HTC Wildfire S.
- Turn off the phone. Start Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore » On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Perform a full wipe. First select Wipe data / factory reset » select Yes on the next screen.
- Next, select Wipe Cache Partition » select Yes then
- From the main menu of recovery, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache » select Yes on the next screen. You’re done wiping off the data now. Lets flash the rom now.
- From the main menu of recovery, select “Install zip from sdcard” » “Choose zip from sdcard” » scroll to and select the rom’s zip file you downloaded in step 1. Select Yes on next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- [Optional] If you want to Overclock your phone and extract more juice out of it, then once again select “Install zip from sdcard” » “Choose zip from sdcard” » scroll to and select the Overclock Kernel file you downloaded with the rom file in step 1.
- After the flashing process is done, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- The first boot will take time, so wait a while for the phone to boot up, and when it does, enjoy the Sense 3.5 on HTC Wildfire S.
That’s it. You now have the Rom installed on your HTC Wildfire S. Visit the original development page to check development progress and updates. Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.