Install Pre-Rooted FC15 on Epic 4G Touch from Sprint [Ice Cream Sandwich]
Another Ice Cream Sandwich Android (ICS) 4.0.3 firmware leak for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch! Wow, they just keep coming like never-ending rain. The latest ICS leak for it is FC15, and you can flash it on your Epic 4G Touch with a pre-rooted package, by following this step by step guide given below.
This firmware and the guide below is compatible only and only with Epic 4G Touch, model number SPH-D710. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- If you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, un-install it first because it may interrupt the flashing process.
- Drivers! — it’s important you’ve the proper drivers installed. Download Link
How to Install FC15 Firmware on Epic 4G Touch
- Download FC15 firmware from any of the download links below.
Filename: SPH-D710.FC15_CL256308_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe | Size: 290 MB
- Double-click on the file you downloaded in step 1, then click on ‘Extract’ button to extract the file. This will give you a folder named Odin-OC.
- Open the folder Odin-OC, then double-click the file SPH-D710.FC15_CL256308_ROOTED-OneClick.exe to run Odin3Execution v1.81.
- Disconnect your phone from PC (if connected). Power off your phone (wait for vibration to confirm complete switch off).
- Now, put the phone in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power. You’ll get a Warning! screen.. press Volume up to continue to enter download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC. You should get the message Added!! under Odin’s message box at the bottom. If you don’t get this message, then make sure the drivers for the phone are properly installed. Check step 3 in ‘Pre-Installation Requirements’ above.
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing the firmware. When the flashing procedure is finished, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message.
IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, do the following: Disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 6.
- When the phone has restarted, your phone will be running the FC15 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware. Check out your Epic 4G Touch’s Android version here: Settings » About Phone.
- If you run into any roadblocks while trying to flash the firmware, let us know and we’ll try to help you out.
That’s it. You now have the FC15 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware running on your Epic 4G Touch. Share your thoughts on the firmware in the comments below.