- 1.RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: TWRP RECOVERY INSTALLATION ON REDMI 1S
- 3.1. STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
- 3.2. STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
- 3.3. STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
- 3.4. STEP 3: ROOT YOUR DEVICE
- 3.5. STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
|Known issues||Soft keys may not work properly|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: TWRP RECOVERY INSTALLATION ON REDMI 1S
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be Redmi 1S!
Please know that this page is meant only for Redmi 1S. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on any other device of Xiaomi or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 1S. Make sure to have the drivers installed and ADB & Fastboot working before you proceed with theguide.
STEP 3: ROOT YOUR DEVICE
In order to get TWRP on your device using the official TWRP manager app, you have to possess root on your Redmi 1S. If you’re not sure on rooting your device, follow our definitive guide from below to root your Redmi 1S.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone and remember the location.
RECOVERY FILE [Method 2]
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-armani.img (14.45 MB)
You can get the latest TWRP recovery from the official TWRP site → Click Here.
ONE CLICK RECOVERY INSTALLER [Method 2]
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: one-click-recovery-installer.zip (920 KB)
TWRP MANAGER APP [Method 1]
Get the latest TWRP manager app from Playstore link → Click Here.
We provide you with two methods to install TWRP on your Redmi 1S, the first method is simple but requires root and the second method involves flashing recovery image using fastboot commands. But we have made a One-click installer tool to make your work easy.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing TWRP Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
Method 1: TWRP MANAGER METHOD [ROOT REQUIRED]
- Download the TWRP manager app from the Play store link given above.
- Install the app and open it.
- Tap on Install TWRP option from the TWRP manager app.
- Select your device from the device list (Redmi 1S is available with the code name armani) and then tap on Install Recovery.
- The file will download and be installed automatically.
Method 2: ONE CLICK INSTALLER METHOD
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file one-click-recovery-installer.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files:
└ The only file that matters for you is one-click-recovery-installer.bat, you can ignore others (but DON’T delete any).
- [!Important] Rename the the TWRP recovery image file you downloaded above from openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-armani.img → TO → recovery.img
- Paste the recovery.img file to the folder where you extracted the files in the Step 3.
└ Both the one-click-recovery-installer.bat file and recovery.img file should be in the same folder along with all the other files we got in Step 3.
- Double-click/Run the ‘one-click-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install TWRP recovery on your Redmi 1S.
└ Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your Redmi 1S. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
- Once the TWRP recovery is flashed successfully, your device will automatically reboot into system.
It was easy to flash TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 1S, right? Let us know how it is to your liking in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!