Install MIUI on the Kindle Fire
The Kindle Fire owners, to my mind, seem to have gotten the best deal out of a tablet lately. There’s a CM7 as well as an ICS ROM out for this device, and now, thanks to XDA developer leech2082 , we have the option of experiencing the slickness and elegance of MIUI on the Kindle Fire. I’ve had my Motorola Xoom since May of 2011, and despite being a developer’s device, haven’t seen so much development for it!!
So lets cut to the chase, and dive right into how you can get this beauty on your Fires. Everything is reported to be working on this ROM, except for Video. You can follow the original development thread on XDA here to follow the development of this awesome ROM.
- Needless to say, you need to have a rooted Fire along with TWRP recovery. In case you are not rooted, you can use the BurritoRoot tool, or if you want an easier method which uses a Windows GUI, you can use Vashypooh’s Kindle Fire Utility.
- Always Back up all your data prior to flashing a new ROM
- Make sure you have at least a 50% charge on your device
- Download the ROM and transfer it to the root of SD card
- Perform a Full Wipe system / Factory Reset/ Cache Partition / Davlik Cache
- Flash the rom zip
The boot animation may cycle twice before booting up completely. Also, after completing the flash, hitting Reboot may take you back to the TWRP main screen. Just hit reboot again and it should work.
So all of you Kindle Fire owners who want a fresh look for your devices, go right ahead and give this a spin.
Do let us know about your MIUI experience on the Kindle Fire, in comments below.