Install Jelly Bean Font With a Simple Flash from CWM Recovery
Google debuted a new and unique font with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, called Roboto, which was well received and looked quite good, adding to the appeal of the improved UI that came with Android 4.0. And with Jelly Bean Android 4.1, Google have gone ahead and made the Roboto font even better, with thinner lines and text for an even better look.
If you are running an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on your device and have ClockworkMod recovery installed, you can also get and install the new Jelly Bean font with a simple flash from recovery, thanks to XDA Recognized Developer LiquidSolstice.
So, read on to find out how you can install the Jelly Bean Android 4.1 font on your Android device.
How to Install Jelly Bean Font on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs
- [Important] Make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your device and that it is running on an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM.
- Download the following files:
Jelly Bean Roboto font: Download Link | Filename: JB Font – Roboto Slim.zip
ICS font: Download Link | Filename: ICS Font – Roboto Standard.zip [This file is to restore the original ICS fonts only]
- Copy the two zip files downloaded in step 2 to the SD card on your device.
- Boot into ClockworkMod recovery on your device.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Then, select the JB Font – Roboto Slim.zip file, then confirm installation by selecting Yes to install the Jelly Bean Roboto font.
- After installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot your device. The Jelly Bean font will then be installed on your device.
- To restore/go back to ICS font: If you do not like the Jelly Bean font or if your device gets stuck at booting, boot into recovery and install the ICS Font – Roboto Standard.zip file to restore the original fonts.
The cool looking Jelly Bean font is now installed on your Android device. Let us know whether you like it, in the comments below.