CyanogenMod 12 is the Android 5.0 Lollipop based version of the highly popular CyanogenMod ROM. It’s an open source ROM, where the core code is maintained by the CM team, while independent developers and CM appointed community members build CM ROMs for various Android devices out there.
Installing CM12 ROM is easier, all you need is custom recovery installed on your Android device. We recommend using the TWRP recovery, CWMR and PhliZ Touch are fine too.
This guide assumes that you’ve already downloaded the CM12 ROM file for your device and the Gapps package to install Google services.
WARNING: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
- Transfer the CM12 ROM file and Gapps package file to your device’s internal storage and remember the location where you save it.
- Install a custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, etc.) on your device. Either search our site or Google it!
- Boot into Recovery mode via adb, hardware buttons or if your device is rooted use the QuickBoot app →
- Once in recovery mode, take a backup of your current ROM. On TWRP, select Backup » and do a “Swipe to Back Up” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once the backup is finished, select Wipe » and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install.
- Navigate to the file where you saved your CM12 ROM’s zip file, select it and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen. Now wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Once ROM is flashed, flash the Gapps package in a similar way like you flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both the files. Go to back to recovery’s Main menu, select Reboot » select System.
Your device will now reboot with CM12. Be extremely excited for this!