The official TWRP recovery has been released for the AT&T Galaxy S3. TWRP is a custom recovery used for installing custom ROMs much like ClockworkMod recovery, but has more features, such a proper graphical user interface, ability to queue zips for installing, faster backups and restores (when uncompressed), the ability to rename backups using an on-screen keyboard in recovery itself, an inbuilt file manager, and lots more which make your time in recovery hassle-free.
Follow the instructions in the guide below to install TWRP recovery on your AT*T Galaxy S3.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the AT&T Galaxy S3. It’s not compatible with any other Galaxy S3, it only works for AT&T variant. Check your device’s model in Settings» About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on AT&T Galaxy S3
- Make sure your phone is rooted. You can use the guide → here to root your phone.
- Download the app GooManager from the Play Store.
NOTE: If you cannot find it on the Play Store or it isn’t compatible/available for your device, you can manually download its .APK file from here, copy it to the phone, and install it manually using a file manager. You will need to enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings » Security on the phone to be able to install it manually.
- Open GooManager app on your phone. Grant it root access by pressing the Grant/Allow button when prompted.
- Then, press the Menu button (or the button with 3 dots on the top right of the screen), then click on “Install OpenRecoveryScript”, then click on Yes. Confirm download and install of recovery by pressing Yes on next popup.
- TWRP recovery will then be downloaded and then installed on your phone after a reboot.
- Once TWRP recovery is installed, to try it out, turn off your phone. Then, hold down Volume Up, Home and then the Power buttons together until the screen turns on, then let them go. The phone will boot into TWRP recovery in a few seconds.
TWRP recovery is now installed on your AT&T Galaxy S3, which you can use to install custom ROMs. Let us know how it works!