The Sprint Galaxy Nexus just went on sale a few days ago, but thanks to it being a Nexus device, custom development on it is going very fast. And the touch version of Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery has already been released for it by the hard-working developers, which will let you install custom ROMs and other hacks on your phone.
So, let’s take a look at how Clockworkmod Touch recovery can be installed on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
This hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install Touch CWM Recovery on Sprint’s Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
- Important! Make sure the bootloader on your phone is unlocked. You can use this guide on how to do it (external link).
- Install the phone’s drivers on the computer. Download them → here.
Skip this step if you already installed drivers while unlocking the bootloader
- Download the latest version of the touch CWM recovery image from the official download page. Download the file under the Download Touch Recovery column. You’ll get a file named recovery-clockwork-touch-x.x.x.x-toroplus.img (where x.x.x.x is the version number)
- Download fastboot, which will be used to flash the CWM image downloaded in step 3.
Download Link | Filename: Fastboot.zip
- Extract the Fastboot.zip file to the C:\ drive on your computer to get a folder named Fastboot with four files inside it.
- Copy the .img file downloaded in step 3 to the Fastboot folder on C drive. You should have 5 files in the Fastboot folder now.
- Enter fastboot mode. To do this, turn off the phone, then press and hold the following keys together: Power + Volume Up and Down. You will enter Fastboot mode. Then connect your phone to the computer once you are in fastboot mode.
- Open Command Prompt on your computer from Start » All Programs » Accessories.
- Now, type the following commands in command prompt, pressing Enter after each command (check screenshot after step 9.2 for reference).
- Now, in the same command prompt window, type the following command, replacing the _____ with the name of the file you downloaded in step 3, and press Enter to flash CWM recovery:fastboot flash recovery _______.img
- CWM recovery will be flashed. After it finishes, type fastboot reboot in the command prompt window to reboot your phone.
- Now, whenever you want to enter CWM recovery, simply boot into fastboot mode as explained in step 7, then navigate to the Recovery mode option using the Volume keys and select it using the Power button to boot into CWM recovery.
- That’s it. If you run into any sort of problem, let us know in the comments below.
Clockworkmod Touch recovery is now installed on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Try it out, and let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.