|Name||Carliv Touch Recovery|
|Version||V2.2. Based on CWM V 126.96.36.199|
|Stability||Stable, without any issues|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: CARLIV TOUCH RECOVERY INSTALLATION ON ZEN ULTRAFONE 701 HD
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be 701 HD!
Please know that this page is meant only for Zen Ultrafone 701 HD. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on any other device of Zen or any other company. You have been Warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash recovery on your Zen ultrafone 701 HD.
If you are not sure about installing drivers on your phone, here is our definitive guide on how to install drivers on Zen ultrafone 701 HD.
STEP 3: ROOT YOUR DEVICE
The Method 2 below, using the Mobile Uncle (MTK) Tools android app, needs root access on your device.
So make sure you phone is rooted before proceeding with the Carliv Touch Recovery installation discussed in the guide.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the file given below and transfer it to a separate folder on your phone and remember the location.
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: recovery-touch carliv v2.2 based on cwm v188.8.131.52.img (6 MB)
For the latest version, you can check the original page here.
SP FLASH TOOL (FOR METHOD 1)
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1312.0.139.zip (6.89 MB)
SCATTER FILE (FOR METHOD 1)
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (0 KB)
MOBILE UNCLE TOOLS (FOR METHOD 2)
You can always download the latest version of Mobile Uncle Tools from the Google Play Store link here.
Here we have two methods for you to choose depends on your comfort. The first method involves flashing the recovery image via PC and the second method doesn’t require access to PC but your phone needs to be rooted. So choose any of the two methods give below to flash Carliv Touch recovery on your phone.
METHOD 1: SP FLASH TOOL
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing Carliv Touch Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the SP Flash Tool file, SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1312.0.139.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably) to get the files similar to the screenshot below:
- Download the recovery file, recovery-touch carliv v2.2 based on cwm v184.108.40.206.img and rename it to recovery.img.
- Download the Scatter file, MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and place it in the same folder where you placed the recovery. So you will have the following files in the folder:
└ Note: The Scatter file contains the partition table values of your device, So don’t tamper or modify the Scatter file which may result in bricking your device.
- Double-click/Run the Flash_tool.exe from the extracted SP TOOL PACKAGE. Now it will open a dialogue box named Smart Phone Flash Tool (Runtime Trace Mode) which looks something like this:
- Now click on the Scatter-Loading button on the left and navigate it to the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file that you have downloaded.
- Now everything except the recovery check box are un-ticked automatically. Now click on the download button on the top you will get a warning box. Click yes.
- Now you will see a status saying searching in the bottom. Now switch off you phone remove the battery once and reinsert it. Then connect the phone to the PC (without switching on).
- Now the recovery is automatically flashed into the phone and you will get a green circle saying Download OK indicating everything went fine. Now disconnect your phone and reboot.
That’s all, you have successfully flashed the Carliv Touch recovery on your device. If you need help regarding this, feel free to ask us in comments below.
METHOD 2: MOBILE UNCLE MTK TOOLS
- Download the Recovery file, recovery-touch carliv v2.2 based on cwm v220.127.116.11.img and rename it to recovery.img and transfer it to the root of your phone using an USB cable.
- Download the Mobile Uncle Tools app from the Google play link provided in the Downloads section and install it.
- Launch the Mobile Uncle Tools app from the app drawer. It will request you for the Root permissions.
└ Note: If it doesn’t request for root permission, follow the root guide given above carefully once again.
- Now confirm the root request by pressing on grant. Now it will show you the app main page. Click on the Recovery Update option in the app.
- It will show you the search results in another page listing the recovery.img you placed in the root of your SD card.
- Now click on the recovery.img. It will pop-up a dialogue box Are Sure flash recovery! . Click Ok.
└ Note: The screen may go unresponsive for sometime, don’t panic. It is due to the flashing of the recovery.
- After flashing it will ask whether to reboot into recovery. Click Ok. It will automatically take you into the Carliv Touch recovery.
- Congrats, you have successfully installed the Carliv Touch recovery on your device.
It was easy to flashing Carliv Touch Recovery on your Zen Ultrafone 701 HD, right? Let us know how it is to your liking in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!