Another Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4.0 based custom ROM for the Asus Transformer TF101 has shown up, following the release of the official ICS update, with many more sure to come. Named Revolver ROM, it aims to bring speed and optimization along with custom plugins for customization, while removing useless pre-loaded apps.
A good thing about this ROM is that the Face Unlock feature is fully working, so you can give that added bit of security to your Transformer (or just use it for fun). However, the ROM is still in the beta stage so proceed with caution as there still may be some bugs or issues present.
Read on to find out how to flash Revolver ROM on your Asus Transformer TF101 tablet.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Asus Transformer Eee Pad, model number TF101. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About Tablet.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
Developer → gnufabio
- Rooted Transformer TF101 with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged. At least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Revolver ROM on Transformer TF101
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the original development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of your SD card on your tablet.
- Turn off the device and reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, Select Backup again. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD cards).
- Then, select “advanced”, then select “wipe dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm. After wiping dalvik cache, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes – Install *your_rom_name*.zip” on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the tablet.
Revolver ROM is now installed and running on your Asus Transformer TF101. Visit the development page to get more info and the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.