Install Android 4.0.4 on Nexus S 4G Using Nuhetri Custom Rom
XDA member irtehun has just released a brand new custom ROM based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Nexus S 4G. It’s called Nuhetri reloaded 4G, and is touted to be the fastest ICS ROM to date. For those who came in late, the Nexus S is the first Android device on which Ice Cream Sandwich was demonstrated. It is a Nexus device or a Google Experience Device, manufactured by Samsung.
Read on to learn how you can install Nuhetri Reloaded 4G on your Nexus S 4G
This guide is applicable only for the Nexus S 4G. Check your phone’s version in Settings – About Phone. It has to be SPH-D720 for this procedure to be compatible with your phone. If it’s not SPH-D720, please do not try this.
Read everything carefully and thoroughly. The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
Developer: irtehun (XDA)
-Extended Power Menu
What doesn’t work:
-GPS seems to be a little off for some, others have reported no problems at all. Looking into it.
Whats to come:
-Status Bar widgets (i hope)
- A Nexus S 4G with Clockworkmod recovery installed
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD card, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks,contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged. At least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Nuhetri Reloaded on Nexus S 4G
- Download the latest version of the Nuhetri ROM from the original development page.
- Now, transfer the file you downloaded in step 1 to your phone sdcard via USB cable
- Turn off your phone. Boot up into Clockworkmod recovery. To do this, hold Volume Up & the Power button until the device boots to the recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Now scroll to the option “Install zip from sdcard” and select it. Then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file you downloaded in step 1 ” nuhetri-reloaded-4G-v1.0.0.zip” and select it. The ROM will now start installing.
- Now, perform a selective wipe:
- Select “wipe cache partition”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm cache wipe (will NOT wipe your SD card). Wait for wipe to complete.
- Select “advanced”, then select “Wipe Dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm.
NOTE: Do NOT wipe data/factory reset, there is a bug and your phone won’t boot if you do. Check the original development thread (linked above) for updates to this, and for now DON’T WIPE.
- After the wipe process has been completed, , select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
- You should now boot into the Nuhetri Reloaded ROM powered by Ice cream Sandwich.
Go ahead and try it out, and show off your Ice Cream Sandwich powered device to your friends. Let us know about your experience in comments below.