Ice Cream Sandwich Themed MIUI for myTouch 4G Slide
The T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide has got a new MIUI ROM, MIUI.us 2.2.3 Beta 4, released with Gingerbread at the core and themed to look like Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0). It has been ported over from the MIUI ROM for the HTC Sensation by XDA member tbalden.
The ICS theming is pretty extensive, giving you a good mix of MIUI’s user interface with the colors and icons of trending Android 4.0, for which it’s garnering lots of attention, all good.
Do note that the ROM is still in beta stage, so bugs are to be expected. Read on to find out how to flash the ROM onto your T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide.
This guide is applicable only for the myTouch 4G Slide. Check your phone’s version in Settings – About Phone. Please do not try this on any other phone.
Read everything carefully and thoroughly. The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
Things that currently don’t work:
- FM Radio.
- Sym and www keys.
- Doesn’t seem to boot when USB is plugged in.
- A rooted T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide with Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD card, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged. At least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich Themed MIUI on HTC myTouch 4G Slide
- Download the MIUI ROM file from the Official Development Page.
- Download the file tbaldens-keyboard-miui-gb-0.1-fix-doubleshot-v2.zip.
→ Download Link | Size: 212 KB
- Copy both of the above downloaded files from step 1 and 2 to your internal sdcard on the myTouch 4G.
- Turn off your phone. Wait for 5-6 seconds.
- Boot into recovery mode. For this, hold the Volume Down button and press Power button then. You’ll enter hboot mode. Now, use volume keys to navigate and select Fastboot using power button. Then, select recovery, and your phone will boot into recovery mode.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe. (This will NOT touch your SD cards).
- Select “wipe cache”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file you downloaded in step 1 and select it. Select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm installation.
- After the installation completes, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, again select “Install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file tbaldens-keyboard-miui-gb-0.1-fix-doubleshot-v2.zip you downloaded in step 2 and select it. Select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm installation. This will fix a few missing buttons from the main ROM.
- After the installation completes, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
That’s it. You now have Gingerbread based MIUI ROM with looks of ICS installed on your myTouch 4G Slide. Enjoy! And do share your thoughts and problems (if any) in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.