IceCream Senseless for Droid Incredible — A Gingerbread Based ICS Themed Custom Rom Without Sense UI
The Droid Incredible seems to be getting some developer love lately. Some time ago, we had posted an article about a new Ice Cream Sandwich themed ROM for the Droid Incredible. XDA member Div033 has created a brand new custom ROM based on 00McD00’s Ice Cream Sense ROM, and stripped the Sense UI from it, giving it a clean AOSP look.
Continuing the ICS fever, this ROM also actually runs Gingerbread under the hood, but has been cleverly, but deeply themed to give it an Ice Cream Sandwich look and feel, that is so in vogue these days. Not only the ICS theming, it also gets you several other useful tweaks like, taking screenshots by holding power and menu keys together for 3 seconds, quick settings in notification bar, ICS ported keyboard, Galaxy Nexus boot animation, ICS themed dialer and a lot more. If you prefer to have Sense on your phone, you can install the Sense-d version of this ROM from the link above.
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This rom and the guide below is compatible only with the HTC Droid Incredible. Please do not attempt to flash it on an incompatible device, as it could cause damage to your device and brick it. Check your device model in: Settings » About device.
Info about the ROM:
- Rooted Droid Incredible with Clockworkmod Recovery installed
- Installing/Flashing this ROM will erase your apps and data. So, it’s a very important you back them up before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. this Android backup guidewould help you.
- Fully charged battery
- Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
Installing Ice Cream Senseless on your Droid Incredible
- Download the Ice Cream Senseless ROM file (links provided above) to your PC
- Transfer the ‘IceCream_Senseless_v1.0.zip‘ file to the root of your phone’s SD card. (Just so that it is easier to locate in CWM later)
- Power off the phone and boot into Recovery mode
- Now Select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the main menu, and on the next screen select Yes-wipe data
- Now scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and select it. On the next screen Select Yes-wipe cache.
- Now on the main menu, click Advanced,and then Select Wipe Dalvik cache. On the next screen, Select Yes-Wipe Dalvik
- Now that you have completed the full wipe, scroll to ‘Install zip from SD card‘
- Then Select Choose zip from sd card and navigate to the ‘IceCream_Senseless_v1.0.zip‘ file you transferred to the sd card in Step 2
- This will start flashing the ROM to your phone. Let the installation complete.
- Now select Go Back, and then Select Reboot System. Phone will now reboot and you are all set to enjoy this spectacular Rom on your Droid Incredible!!
You can visit the original development page to check for updates to this ROM, and to download add-ons. Do let us know about your Ice Cream Sense-less experience on the Droid Incredible. And if you think it’s awesome, let your friends know where you read about it first. Drop us a line in comments below.