Android blogosphere is buzzing with Android 4.0 ROMS, whether these actual v4.0.1 AOSP port of Ice Cream Sandwich, or a theme based of it. Users are liking it either way. And continuing with the ICS fever, Droid Incredible has become the latest phone to get ICS based ROM — it’s not an actual AOSP ported custom ROM — which gets you theming of the Google’s latest and greatest OS, while running Gingerbread under the hood.
Not only the ICS theming, it also gets you several other useful tweaks like, taking screenshots by holding power and menu keys together for 3 seconds, quick settings in notification bar, boot animation of world’s first — and only, right now — Android 4.0 phone, Galaxy Nexus, cool ICS ported keyboard, etc.
[warning]The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!!![/warning]
[error]This guide is applicable only for Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible — do not use or try anything here on any other device. [/error]
Info about the ROM:
- Developer: 00McD00
- Official Development Page – Link
- Current version – v1.0 (Nov 23, 2011)
Things to take care of before Installing ROMs
- Installing/Flashing this ROM will erase your apps and data. So, it’s a very important you back them up before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. this Android backup guide would help you. Restore APN settings if Internet isn’t working for you. And if you are using a rooted phone, you can save application’s data too, using Titanium backup (free app on android market) to backup apps with apps with data. Use the same app again to restore those apps with data.
- Drivers! — it’s important you’ve the proper drivers installed. Download HTC Sync from htc.com and install it, this would take care of drivers.
How to Install IceCream Sense — Ice Cream Sandwich Based custom ROM for Droid Incredible
- You need to have ClockWorkMod recovery installed. If you don’t have one, find help here.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page here.
- Transfer the IceCream Sense ROM to your phone.
- Disconnect phone from PC. Power it off — wait for 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Boot into recovery mode to enter ClockworkMod recovery.
- In recovery, select install zip from sd card » choose zip from sd card » browse through sd card and select the rom file you transferred in step 3 above. Select Yes on next screen
- This will begin the flashing of IceCream Sense ROM, after which you’ll be back in recovery. Go back, and select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot the phone.
- [Optional] If you like this ROM, support the development by donating to the developer – 00McD00.
Share you thoughts and problems, if any, in comments below.