Samsung Fascinate owners are in for some Ice Cream Sandwich joy! XDA Member Stephen.k.spear has released an AOKP build of Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich for the Fascinate. For the most part, everything works, except MMS. It is based on AOSP Android 4.0.3 . Have a look at the features quoted from the developer’s page:
there are many many more tweaks/adjustment throughout the whole ROM, take a look at the change logs
built from AOSP — using 4.0.3
power menu (source)
ICS style toggles
superuser & busybox built from source, included
deodexed & unsecure boot.img (for adb remount)
Facebook contact sync
ROM Control application lets you take control of your ROM. Customize it how you want it.
Navigation Bar options & layouts (search bar layout, menu visibility options,etc) — long press search button enabled
IME Switcher toggle (show/hide notification when you type)
Customize your carrier label
Override lockscreen timeout (ie, use Android’s timeout when turning the phone off, so it won’t lock itself)
LED pulse timing options
Statusbar toggle options
much much more in there
battery mods built in (including circle mod)
Unique Power Saver functionality
Turn data off while your screen is off (GSM phones can switch to 2G)
manually sync at a time interval for all your accounts (Gmail, etc)
Check out all the options in ROM Control
Read on to find out how you can get this ROM running on your Samsung Fascinate
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Fascinate. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model and version by going to Settings–> About Phone.
→ Fassy Test Port ROM
Filename: AOKPFassybuild21.zip | Size: 132.15 MB
→ Gapps 7.1
Filename: gappsv7.1.zip | Size: 26.5 MB
- Rooted Samsung Fascinate with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
How To Install ICS Fassy Test Port ROM on Samsung Fascinate
- Download the Fassy Port ROM and Gapps zip files from the download links given above
- Transfer both the zip files (Do not extract the zips) to the root of sdcard of your Fascinate
- Power off the phone, and reboot into Recovery mode
- In Recovery, navigate to Backup and Restore–>Select Backup on the next screen. (This will backup your existing ROM, which you can go back to in case something gets messed up with the installation)
- In the recovery menu, perform a full wipe as follows
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset –> then on the next screen Select Yes , Wipe Data
- Select Wipe cache partition–> then on the next screen Select Yes , Wipe Cache partition
- Select Advanced from the main menu–>then Select Wipe Dalvik cache –> Yes, wipe dalvik
- Now return to the main menu, and select Install zip from sd card
- On the next screen select Choose zip from sd card, and select the “AOKPFassybuild21.zip” file you transferred to the sdcard in Step 2.
- On the next screen, Confirm the installation
- ClockworkMod recovery will now flash the ROM.
- Once the installation is complete, Repeat Steps 5-7 (but this time, select the “gappsv7.1.zip ” file you transferred to the sdcard in Step 2.
- Once the gapps flashing is complete, Select Go Back & then Reboot system
- Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Fascinate!!
Go ahead and try it out, and treat your Fascinate to some Ice Cream Sandwich. If you want to share your experience with us, let us know in comments below