Ice Cream Sandwich for Droid Incredible — ICS-Deck AOKP Custom Rom
XDA member 72ls1 has just released a brand new custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for the Droid Incredible, called the ICS-Deck AOKP ROM. This Rom has been ported from the IceCreamTosti v0.4 ROM for the HTC HD2. It’s an early build, and quite a few aspects of the ROM are still Work-In-Progress, meaning that bugs are to be expected.
First looks are impressive though, with numerous customization options, from the lockscreen to Notification toggles to Battery Icon styles and much more, available right within the ROM Toolbox which is included with the ROM. So no need for a third-party app to customize the look and feel of the UI.
The ROM is quite feature-packed, and you can visit the original development thread for a complete list of features, changelogs, bug fixes as well as to download add-ons. Let’s have a look at some of the known issues which are still under development, and some workarounds available for them:
- Stock Gallery is buggy. QuickPic is the recommended alternative
- Camera has some issues with the colours in Panorama mode, and garbled text in viewfinder while in Panorama.
- Barcode scanner does not work
- Music Gallery may not show your music files
- Google text-to-speech is buggy. Can be fixed by setting it to Menu/Settings/Language & input/text-to-speech output/Pico tts
- Market can be buggy. To fix it, skip setting up google account after you install Rom for the 1st time . You can set it up later under Settings/Accounts & Sync/Add
- Some issues with backing through Titanium backup. Alternative App MyBackup recommended
Moving on to how we can get your droid Incredible up and running with this awesome looking Ice Cream Sandwich custom ROM
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This rom and the guide below is compatible only with the HTC Droid Incredible. Please do not attempt to flash it on an incompatible device, as it could cause damage to your device and brick it. Check your device model in: Settings » About device.
- Rooted Droid Incredible with Clockworkmod Recovery installed
- Installing/Flashing this ROM will erase your apps and data. So, it’s a very important you back them up before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. this Android backup guidewould help you.
- Fully charged battery
- Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
→ ICS-Deck AOKP ROM
File Name: ICS-Dinc_V.01.zip | Size: 100 MB
Installing ICS-Deck on your Droid Incredible
- Download the ICS-Deck ROM file (links provided above) to your PC
- Transfer the ‘ICS-Dinc_V.01.zip‘ file to the root of your phone’s SD card. (Just so that it is easier to locate in CWM later)
- Power off the phone and boot into Recovery mode
- Now Select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the main menu, and on the next screen select Yes-wipe data
- Now scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and select it. On the next screen Select Yes-wipe cache.
- Now on the main menu, click Advanced,and then Select Wipe Dalvik cache. On the next screen, Select Yes-Wipe Dalvik
- Now that you have completed the full wipe, scroll to ‘Install zip from SD card‘
- Then Select Choose zip from sd card and navigate to the ‘ICS-Dinc_V.01.zip‘ file you transferred to the sd card in Step 2
- This will start flashing the ROM to your phone. Let the installation complete.
- Now select Go Back, and then Select Reboot System. Phone will now reboot and you are all set to enjoy Ice cream Sandwich on your Droid Incredible!!
Do let us know about your Ice Cream Sandwich experience on the Droid Incredible. And if you think it’s awesome, let your friends know where you read about it first. Drop us a line in comments below.