Easily Root Galaxy S Plus i9001 Using Stock Recovery
Looking for a way to root your Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 so that you can use root-enabled apps and functions on the phone? This guide will walk you through the steps of doing just that. Rooting allows you to tinker with the phone beyond what is normally possible, and do various things such as accessing the system partition, overclocking the processor, installing modifications, and more.
NOTE: This method is for those that are on a completely unmodified phone with a stock ROM and stock recovery, and have never flashed any custom ROM. Those who have flashed a custom ROM on their phones already have root access, so this guide is not for them.
Read on to find out how you can root your Galaxy S Plus I9001 using the stock recovery.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy S PLUS, model number i9001. It’s not compatible the GT-i9003, I9000 or with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Root Galaxy S Plus I9001 using Stock Recovery
- Download the root package.
Download Link | Filename: Root-i9001-Signed.zip
- Copy the Root-i9001-Signed.zip file to the internal SD card.
- [Important! Read this step completely before attempting to do anything] Boot into stock recovery. To do so, first turn off the phone. Then, press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons together, and let go of the buttons as soon as the Samsung logo shows up. Then, as soon as an icon showing “an Android in a box” comes up, press the Menu button (the button on the left of the center/home button) to enter recovery.
- In recovery, use the volume keys to scroll up and down and the Home button to select items.
- Select the apply update from sdcard option. Then, scroll to the Root-i9001-Signed.zip file and select it, followed by selecting Yes on the next screen to flash the root package.
- Then, select reboot system now to reboot the phone. Your phone is now rooted.
- Now, whenever you attempt to use an app that requires root access, you’ll be asked whether you want to grant it superuser permissions. Simply select Allow to grant them root access.
Un-rooting the Galaxy S Plus I9001
Rooting a phone voids the warranty, so in case you ever need to give it in for repairs, or just want to un-root for some other reason, here’s what you need to do:
- Download the un-root package.
Download Link | Filename: UnRoot-i9001-Signed.zip
- Copy the UnRoot-i9001-Signed.zip file to the internal SD card, then flash it from recovery by doing steps 3 to 6 as in the rooting procedure above. Your phone will then be un-rooted.
Following the above procedures, you can root (and un-root) your Galaxy S Plus I9001 using the stock recovery, and use all the root-enabled apps you wish to use. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.