HTC Sensation ROM with Sense 4.0 and Based on HTC One S — OrDroid
Ever since the firmware of the upcoming HTC One series of phones were leaked, we’ve seen a barrage of different ROMs based on those firmware and ported to other HTC devices, giving users a chance to try out HTC’s Sense 4.0 UI along with Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. OrDroid is yet another ROM for the HTC Sensation based on the HTC One S RUU firmware, and as all others, brings the official ICS experience along with Sense 4.0.
Read on to find out how OrDroid ROM can be installed on your HTC Sensation.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → shnizlon
- Bluetooth and animations not working
- Rooted HTC Sensation with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install OrDroid ROM on HTC Sensation
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 1 to the root of your sdcard on the phone (i.e, don’t put in any folder).
- Turn off the phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- Important! After the phone boots up and you finish the initial set up, go into Settings » Display and turn off all animations.
OrDroid ROM, based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 with Sense 4.0 is now up and running on your HTC Sensation. Visit the original development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.