Here we go again — a brand new custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for the HTC Sensation. It’s called WarpSpeed 1.0, and is based on the latest leaked ICS firmware version 3.25.401.101. It comes to us courtesy XDA member webmasteryoda. The ROM comes with the HTC Sense 3.6 UI, and has been stripped of about 50 bloatware apks, making it a light, fast and very battery friendly ROM.
Have a look at the features, and Read on to find out how you can install this on your Sensation.
- Android OS version : 4.0.3
- HTC Sense 3.6 Interface
- Model build : HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e (suits XE and non-XE)
- Rooted, BusyBox
- ZipAligned, DeOdexed
- htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
- DeBloated (over 50 apks) (screenshot in the 2nd post)
- Excellent battery life!
The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable, and your pocket lighter by the amount it takes to replace it. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM is compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
- Developer - webmasteryoda
- Original Development Thread → here.
→ WarpSpeed 1.0
File Name: WarpSpeed_1.0.zip | Size: 364.1 MB
- Rooted/S-off HTC Sensation. You can use this guide
- 4EXT recovery installed. You can download the latest version here.
- Back up all your personal data. You can use this excellent Android Backup Guide as reference.
- Fully Charged battery
- ICS Base firmware installed on your Sensation. You can use this guide. This is important, and is absolutely essential for you to be able to flash the custom ROM
How To Install WarpSpeed 1.0 on HTC Sensation
- Download the WarpSpeed Rom file from the link given above
- Transfer the downloaded zip fie to the root of your external microSD card on the HTC Sensation
- Switch off your phone, and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (Hold Volume Down and the Power button, then use Volume Down to highlight “bootloader” and press the Power button to select it. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to select “recovery” and press the Power button to select)
- Perform a Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore → On the next screen, Select Backup again.
- Perform a full Wipe.
- Wipe data / factory reset –> Confirm Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen
- Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm Wipe cache partition on the next screen
- From the main menu, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache → Confirm Wipe Dalvik on the next screen
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install “WarpSpeed_1.0.zip”. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- Congratulations!! You now have Ice Cream Sandwich with Sense 3.6 on your HTC Sensation!! Enjoy
You can visit the original development thread, linked above, to track updates to this ROM. If you decide to go ahead and test his ROM, do let us know about your experience in comments below.