As you all probably know by now, AOKP is based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 and features speed and performance along with a pandora’s box of customization options via the inbuilt ROM Control mod. The latest build of AOKP, build 33, was recently released for all officially supported devices.
Now, XDA modder pimpmaneaton has released the EyeCandy AOKP ROM, which is based on build 33 of AOKP but with a different theme and a few added features. However, the ROM has a few bugs in it, which are listed below under the ROM Info section, but none of them are major enough to spoil the experience.
So, let’s take a look at how you can try out EyeCandy AOKP ROM on your HTC Sensation.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → pimpmaneaton
- Bluetooth – ID3 Tags
- Bluetooth – slow to turn on, just wait it will start
- Gallery does not play recorded video unless usb is connected – suggest mx player
- Occasional audio routing issues
- Call volume too loud (Try turning up then down to lower)
- Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip, suggest using 4ext recovery as an alternative
- Video play back issues when in landscape–YouTube and Netflix–Looking into this.
How to Install EyeCandy AOKP ROM on HTC Sensation
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
Important! Don’t forget to at least make a backup of your APN settings, which you can restore later if your data connection does not work after installing the ROM. Use the backup guide to find out how.
- Your HTC Sensation must have S-Off and its bootloader must be unlocked. You can unlock the bootloader on the phone officially → here.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 3 to the sdcard on the phone.
- Turn off the phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone to boot into EyeCandy AOKP ROM.
That’s it. EyeCandy AOKP ROM is now installed and running on your HTC Sensation. Visit the original development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.