Update HTC Rezound with Leaked Ice Cream Sandwich RUU 3.11.605.1 [Pre-rooted]
HTC Rezound becomes the latest phone to get yet another leak of Ice Cream Sandwich firmware, version number, 3.11.605.1. It’s better than the previous leak, so those interested to get a nice preview of how ICS — with Sense 3.6, that is — will look like on their Rezound’s HD Super Clear LCD display, can give it a try.
This HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware 3.11.605.1 is Pre-rooted and is available as a CWM flashable rom, which makes it an easy installation process. But before that you gotta flash the kernel, and all that is included in guide below — so let’s check it out!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Rezound, model number ADR6425. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About Phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
- Important! HTC Rezound with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Leaked Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware 3.11.605.1 on HTC Rezound
- I’s not the leaked RUU that we will be using. Rather, it’s a rom which we gotta flash from the recovery. Download the kernel and rom first of all.
- Transfer both the files — the kernel and the rom — to your Rezound’s sdcard.
- Now, power Off your Rezound.
- Boot Rezound into bootloader mode in order to begin installation of Leaked Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware 3.11.605.1
- Once in bootloader mode, your phone will automatically detect the “PH98IMG.zip” file that we transferred in step 1.2 and will updating automatically
- After the “PH98IMG.zip” file is flashed, boot into recovery mode by selecting “recovery” from the menu. Use volume Up and Down keys to navigate and Power key to select an item.
- Once you’re in recovery, Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm data wipe. (This does not touch your SD cards, so don’t worry).
- Similarly do “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache” (from advanced menu).
- Now select “install zip from sdcard” from the main menu, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Browse to the ROM file on your SD card that you downloaded in step 1.1 and select it.
- Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting the option “Yes — Install *rom_file_name*.zip“. The Ice Cream Sandwich will now start installing on your Rezound.
- After the installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu, and select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
That’s it. If everything went well you should be running Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Rezound. Visit the development page to get more info and feedback from other users. And do share your thoughts with us regarding this leaked HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in the comments below.