HTC Rezound AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich ROM
HTC recently showed a demo of its new Sense UI (Sense 4) that will be the default UI in their Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) ROMs and upcoming phones, and while it’s a beauty to look at, people weren’t too happy as it totally replaces the default ICS UI which is a looker in itself. Well, those looking for a “Senseless” ICS ROM to get the stock ICS experience on their HTC Rezound need to look no further.
This ROM, named simply as ICS 4.0.3, provides a completely stock AOSP experience by removing the Sense UI and is based on the unofficial ICS firmware that was leaked a while back for the HTC Rezound.
Read on to find out how to flash the ROM on your phone.
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with the HTC Rezound. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
Developer → Xtreme Outcast
- Rooted HTC Rezound with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Rezound
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the original development page.
- Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 1 to the root of the internal SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your phone and wait for complete shutdown.
- Then, boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Now, perform a full wipe:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD card). Wait for wipe to complete.
- Select “advanced”, then select “format system”, then select “Yes” to confirm. Then, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Scroll to the ROM file you transferred in step 2 and select it. Select “Yes – Install *rom_name*.zip” on the next screen to confirm installation.
- The phone will reboot into bootloader after installing the ROM. Press Power button, then Volume Up button.
That’s it. The ROM is now installed on your HTC Rezound and you enjoy stock ICS with the Sense UI. Follow the development page for the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.