Those of you who were hoping to get your hands on HTC’s new Tegra 3 powered quad-core tablet, code named the Quattro, by the end of 2011, may have to wait a little longer. HTC has a lot happening for it in early 2012, as two of its smartphones, the HTC Edge with Tegra 3 processor and HTC Zeta with a Qualcomm 2.5 GHz quad-core processor are also in the pipelines. It is therefore believed that HTC’s Quattro is likely to debut only by March of 2012 or maybe sooner at Mobile World Congress 2012 in February.
It is also said that the tablet would include Beats Audio technology, as found in the HTC Sensation XL and Rezound, for better audio effects while watching movies or listening to music on the device. For those who haven’t had an opportunity to go through the specs in detail, here’s what it is said to be packing:
- 10.1-inch display @ 1280×768
- Nvidia AP30 Tegra 3 system-on-a-chip [SOC]
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Beats Audio ( Expected to include a pair of both speakers and headphones)
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- Slim Profile- Lesss than 0.35″ ( 9 mm)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 5GHz Wi-Fi N connectivity
- 1.3 megapixel 720p HD front camera.
We hear it is expected to ship in both Wi-Fi-only as well as Wi-Fi-plus-3G variants.
If you hear anything more, do shout out in the comments below.