Remember the HTC fitness band that we reported last month, well, it seems the thing was for real. Renowned leakster Upleaks has just outed the upcoming HTC wearable with complete specifications and release date, and it’ll be called Petra.
HTC is set to release a fitness band by the name Petra in Q1 of 2015, which hints to a release at the company’s “Utopia in progress” event at MWC next month in Barcelona, where HTC is also expected to release its upcoming flagship phone, HTC One M9.
HTC Petra, being a fitness band, doesn’t run on Android Wear. The device will run HTC’s own RTOS but will be supported by Android 4.4 KitKat (or later) and iOS 7 (or later) for connectivity just like all other fitness bands on the market does.
The device will feature a 1.8 inch PMOLED flexible display to show all your fitness info and also for a handful of other features of the band: Alarm, Timer, Stopwatch, Music Control, Camera Shutter, Sleep Analysis, Sports Analysis/Schedule, Weather, Notifications from phone, etc.
HTC Petra battery life is reported to be over 3 days and the device is also said to include Footpad to further enhance the accuracy of steps counter. A heart rate sensor isn’t mentioned in the leaked specifications, but we’d guess it’ll be onboard, at-least in a premium variant of the device.
Check out the full specs below:
HTC PETRA SPECS
- Chipset: ST Micro STM32L151
- OS: RTOS developed by HTC(NOT Android Wear)
- Size: S/M/L
- Weight: 23g
- Display: 1.8″ 32*160 PMOLED flexible display
- Battery Life: Over 3 days
- Color: Teal/Lime, Black/Blue Gray
- Protection: Water/Dust proof rated at IP57
- BlueTooth and GPS
- Battery charge via POGO Pin or USB
- Passed MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 test
- Supports Android 4.4 KitKat (or later) and iOS 7.0 (or later).
- Footpad to improve accuracy of steps counter.
HTC Petra will be released world-wide but will be first realased in US, where demand for fitness bands is most at this time.