Okay, so HTC One X+ becomes the first non-Nexus to get the taste of Google latest and greatest, Android 4.4 KitKat.
Btw, HTC One X+ Android 4.4 build is in alpha stage right now, under development, and looks to us expected to be ready for daily use in a week or two.
Right now, calls are working alright, and it’s got everything Android 4.4 has on offer, obviously, but here’s list of things that aren’t working how you want them to be:
- Wifi – broken in the ROM given in download link below, but it’s already fixed so next build won’t have this issue
- Data – Yes and No, but yes, Yes for the most part. You only need to manually type APN in settings, then you’re all good. It’s easy btw, and this app, Tweakker, is all you should be needing.
- Bluetooth – not fixed yet, but is being worked upon
- Camera – it’s a no-no right now
- GPS – good but not perfect, let’s say, it’s 90% working
- Random Reboots – this is hate-able!
- icons – size is abnormal but not that disturbing
So, that’s what is not working, or not perfectly working right now.
If you are an avid tech fan, my guess is that you won’t be able to resist it. After all, the final build of this AOSP ROM, which should have many things fixed out, is near too. yes, that also means that you can wait right now and then flash the ROM later on, as and when the final build is available.
- DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT UPDATE FOR HTC ONE X+
File name: pap_enrc2b-ota-eng.lloir.zip | Size: 180.69 MB
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS
File name: gapps-kk-20131031.zip | Size: 107.6 MB
How to install Android 4.4 KitKat Update on HTC One X+:
Warning: This may damage your device. Please be very careful doing this. If anything happens to you or your device, you only will be responsible. You have been warned!
- Go here and install CWM Recovery on your HTC One X+
- Transfer the ROM to your HTC One X+ Remember its location.
- Reboot into recovery mode. Use app like Quick Reboot for ease (required root!).
- FLASH ROM: select the Install zip.. option and select the Android 4.4 ROM file now, pap_enrc2b-ota-eng.lloir.zip, select yes to install it.
- FLASH GAPPS: select the Install zip.. option and select the GAPPS file now, gapps-kk-20131031.zip, select yes to install it.
- Reboot your phone and that’s it.
Via XDA (Lloir)