HTC One S Leaked RUU Ported to HTC Sensation
After the Virtuous S4X ROM for the HTC Sensation based on the HTC Endeavor aka HTC One X RUU firmware leak, which brought Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 with HTC’s latest Sense UI 4.0 on top, the same developer team has now brought an updated version of the ROM based on the leaked One S (the upcoming dual-core sibling of the quad-core One X) RUU firmware. Of course, the ROM includes Sense 4.0 like before, which is looking to be the most beautiful custom UI out there.
The ROM is a work in progress and is in the alpha stage, which means that the ROM is by no means complete, and has bugs and issues present. And since it’s based on a developer preview firmware of an upcoming phone, it’ll probably not be totally bug-free for a long time to come.
Read on to find out how you can flash Virtuous S4X ROM on your HTC Sensation.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → mdeejay/Virtuous Team
- Rooted HTC Sensation with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install Virtuous S4X ROM on HTC Sensation
- Download the ROM.
Download Link | Filename: virtuous_s4x_alpha1_preview.zip
- Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 1 to the root of your sdcard on the phone (i.e, don’t put in any folder).
- Turn off the phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install virtuous_s4x_alpha1_preview.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- Important! After the phone boots up and you finish the initial set up, go into Settings » Display and turn off all animations.
Your HTC Sensation is now running Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 with Sense 4.0 UI on top, based on the HTC One S developer preview RUU leak. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments below.
You can also try Virtuous S4X ROM based on the HTC X RUU leak by following the guide → here.