HTC Merge Makes a Brief Appearance at Verizon
Call it an error or a marketing tactic, the HTC merge android phone just appeared on Verizon’s website for a full 360 degree pose before hiding back into the unknown, only moments later. The HTC merge is also dubbed as Droid Incredible 2, thanks to it borrowing the looks and design of the latter. It also has one more name, HTC Lexikon which now seems totally forgotten.
Maybe it’s just the testing going on in Verizon office that caused the HTC 360 degree view flash files to become public, but an optimistic could also take it as a hint that the device whose launch date and price are unknown yet, is in fact nearing its launch. Well it should be, since 2011 is not far away when we will be seeing launches of android phones with more robust hardware married to sweet Gingerbread, the Android OS version 2.3, quite known for its reworked/redesigned User Interface.
Those planning to buy a physical QWERTY keyboard equipped android device might be interested in the HTC Merge. So, we guess, it’s worth checking out HTC Merge specifications:
- Android 2.2, Froyo
- Qualcomm’s 800 Mhz MSM 7630 processor (also found on T-Mobile G2/ HTC Desire HD and is rumored for Sony Anju too)
- 3.8 inch TFT Capacitive screen with res of 480 x 800
- Both GSM and CDMA compatible – the only feature which makes it stand out from the very crowded android phones market
- HTC Sense 1.6
- 5 megapixel camera, 720p recording capable
- Bing support by default
- Fully QWERTY Physical Keyboard available via Slider
- 512 MB RAM
- 4 GB Internal memory
BTW, the removed flash file depicting the HTC Merge in 360 degree angles is available as a video. We’ve grabbed it for you, given below.
So, how do you feel about the HTC Merge, any buyers?
Via Android Central